Topic: God's Law
God's LawIs the law of God relevant today? Study what the Scriptures teach about the 10 Commandments, Ordinances, the Law of Grace and whether or not they apply to you.
Civilizations are judged according to their ability to make laws, enforce laws, and whether or not citizens really believe and teach the morality of these laws. Laws will always be questioned whether they are good or bad. However, the 10 Commandments have unquestionably been held in high regard for their perfection and long lasting influence. Doing away with God's Law for the tradition and wisdom of man is a popular option for many, including the idea that love and grace can operate without law. But what does the Bible teach?
This study will examine important issues such as:
- The 10 Commandments and for whom they were intended
- The Book of the Law (Moses' Writings)
- Sacrificial laws in the Bible and "Shadows" of Christ's reality
- Commandments of Jesus
- The Law of Grace
- The Law of Liberty
- Blotting out of ordinances
- Yearly and weekly Sabbaths
- The "Curse of the Law" and being "Dead to the Law"
- Romans 7:6 - Delivered from the law?
- Ephesians 2:15 - The law was abolished?
- Colossians 2:14-17 - The law was nailed to the cross?
- II Cor. 3:3 - The Holy Spirit was given in place of the law?