Men's and Women's Roles in the BibleDid God design men and women differently for a good reason? What are the roles of men and women according to the Bible? What role should culture have in shaping these roles?
Men and women have abused their God-given roles, causing many to doubt the wisdom of following the Biblical roles for men and women. In addition, great efforts have been made to reinterpret Scripture to allow for modified roles. But, when God's original design is rightly understood and implemented, the best results are achieved and great suffering is avoided.
The following series of articles study men's and women's roles in the Bible, including how men and women should relate to each other, equality, women in ministry in the church and whether or not women should be ordained as elders and pastors. It addresses the idea of heirarchy and order in God's kingdom.
- Created Equal - Gen. 1-3
- Head Coverings - 1 Cor. 11:3-16
- Silence in Church - 1 Cor. 14:34-35
- Women Teachers - 1 Timothy 2:11-15
- The Saving Influence of a Wife in Subjection - 1 Peter 3:1-7
- Criteria for Bishops & Deacons - 1 Tim. 3:1-7
- Priesthood of All Believers - 1 Peter 2:5,9
- Deborah, Prophet and Judge - Judges 4:4-5
- Junia, A Noteworthy Person - Romans 16:7
- Women and Spiritual Gifts - 1 Cor. 12:28-31
- Women in Ministry
- Summary Thoughts